Thursday, December 15, 2011

Explain why consistent anti-stalking legislation is needed. What constitutes stalking? ?

Explain why consistent anti-stalking legislation is needed. What constitutes stalking? |||That's a good question. Two summers ago i was forced to live in my car for 2 months. I used to sleep in parking lots. One of them was a lot where people who had local businesses used to park their cars at night while they did inventory or whatever they did when their stores were closed at night. I slept in this lot for a couple of nights in a row in the same spot, because it was a spot where there was actually a utility pole with an outlet box on it where I could plug in my laptop and check my e-mails, etc.





One night the local cops paid me a visit. They said a local business owner had complained about me. The cop told me if I ever parked their again, he would arrest me for third degree stalking. Apparently, in this cop's mind, parking next to another car for a few nights in a row constituted 'stalking' even though there was never anybody in the other car. So was I 'stalking' the car? I never questioned the cop because I"m sure he would have found some reason to arrest me if I had opened my mouth. Yes, stalking is an interesting legal term which seems capable of being interpreted very broadly in some cases. |||Its in your text book... do your own homework

No comments:

Post a Comment