Monday, December 12, 2011

What constitutes 'workplace' with regard to the new smoking legislation?

This is a serious question, one that I asked previously only to be met with howls of derision.





I accept that the legislation encompasses bars, bus garages, shopping centres etc - but there are a considerable number of workers who enter peoples' homes in the line of their work. I don't just mean plumbers and the like - there are social workers and other similar professions.





I am not asking about the moral aspects of entering or telling people to stop smoking in your presence - my question is, what is the definition of WORKPLACE?|||The technical definition of workplace is any place that you perform work. A person entering a place residence to work should not smoke while working unless given permission by the resident. My question would be is if you are in construction can you smoke outside if that is where you work?





The bigger issue is that if you have a place where the majority smoke (mechanics shop as an example) and a person comes in that does not smoke the rest would be expected to comply with the no smoking in the workplace.|||I'm sure every state law or city ordinance trying to legislate smoking has a definition of workplace in it. Get a hold of which every ordinance is in your jurisdiction and read it





At this time there in no legislation that encompasses the whole U.S.|||I'm gonna say a workplace is a place where business or labor is conducted. Like a restaurant, walmart, and even your house if a plumber goes there. I work at steak and shake and by law people who smoke have to be at least 50 feet from the door and outside.|||i aint exactly sure myself the legal definition.We have a small studio,so weh do we stand on that?We aint botherd if people smoke in there but what will the smoke poolice say?What happens if we need a n engineer to come out?I do not understand myself weh we stand frm a legal viewpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment